Junior Church January and February.
Junior Church Activity Pack
For Junior Church activities this year we will be working on a new topic every half term and the plan is to alternate between New and Old testament. For January and February we will be looking at Joseph, yes the one with the amazing coat.
Again the plan is to have a list of activities and you can pick the ones your children would like to do or are age appropriate.
If anyone has any additional ideas please send them to me and we will add them to the list.
Again when activities are completed please send a picture and we will include them in the zoom service for members of the congregation to see.
1. Read the story of Joseph in Genesis
2. Watch the story of Joseph and his brothers from the Beginners Bible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy1DpebexTQ
3 Design a coat for Joseph, don’t forget to do front and back, will it be stripes or spots, a repeating pattern or random?
4. Colour by numbers Joseph’s coat
5 Word Search https://thewordsearch.com/puzzle/1796473/joseph/
6. Crossword https://crosswordlabs.com/view/joseph-278
7. Draw pictures of all the dreams that Joseph interpreted, you might like to make them into a little book. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21qi9ZcQVto will show you how to make a book from one page.
8 Draw a map and show the journey Joseph and the the brothers had to make.
9. Write a poem using the letters JOSEPH’S DREAMS as the start for each line.
10. God stayed with Joseph and had a plan to bring good out of bad. God is faithful he will not let go of us. Draw around a hand or make a hand print write the following verse in the hand.
Proverbs 3:5-6 says ‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do and He will show you what path to take.’
11 Joseph used his gift of being able to interpret dreams to help Egypt and the Pharaoh and make God’s plan happen. We are all given gifts to use for God’s glory how do we use them?
On a paper plate, ask the children to draw all the different places that they spend their time – the places that make up their world. After they have done this, around each picture ask them to write the gifts that they use and give away at each of these locations. For example, it might be at school that they use their gift of reading, being kind or making others laugh when they are sad.
12. Learn the following prayer
Thank you that you are with me
No matter what happens
Thank you that you can
Take something bad,
And turn it into something good.
In Jesus' name,
13. Joseph forgave his brothers, Get the children to sing along to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkPhJyB7pJc . Ask the children to think about how forgiveness can happen in love and that we can get help from God. It also helps us to live well alongside each other.
Ask the children to try and think how their attitude towards someone should change after they have forgiven them. Encourage the children to say sorry to anyone that they realized they should have said sorry to. Ask the children to reflect this week on how God has forgiven them and that they can be friends with Him. How does that make them feel as they go into the week?
May God bless you in 2021